As of the writing of this article, PM Imran Khan is no more in the PM office. He was removed as a result of a no-confidence motion filed by the Joint opposition of 13 parties. Its tenure lasted 3 years and 8 months only and now the head of the biggest political party will sit on the opposition benches. The biggest question is what went wrong, which caused all the opposition parties to come after him. Is Pakistan Prime ministers’ tenure a failure?
Well, his biggest crime is to ask the west to treat Pakistan with equality rather than being slaves to them. Imran Khan talks about living with dignity, courage and self-respect, which was a new concept for the nation as well as for opposition parties who always treated the west, especially US as a boss and provider of bread and butter.
This stance of Imran Khan faced strong opposition sponsored by US and fueled by a few paid journalists as well as some foreign agencies and this caused him to step down. The opposition leader, Shahbaz Sharif, rightly said:
‘’beggars can’t be choosers’’Shahbaz Sharif
Thereby reminding the nation that we are beggars and we do not have anything to do with integrity and self-respect. US is supreme and we have to bow down to him.
The narrative built by the opposition revolves around the bad governance of Imran Khan, Was it true? Let’s explore facts and some of the accomplishments that Pakistan’s Prime Minister achieved in his short tenure for Pakistan.
List of achievements by Imran Khan and his government
- Universal health coverage of 1 million Per family enables every citizen to avail best available health facilities- a feat which even advanced countries like USA are unable to do so.
- The revival of the textile industry resulted in the creation of more than 0.5 million jobs in just a single sector.
- Creation of 5.5 million jobs during the entire tenure, hence highest in the history of the country.
- Free COVID19 vaccination for a population of 220 million, resulting in efficient handling of the epidemic.
- Provided incentives to private businesses in the covid era to stop the laying off.
- The economy grows at the rate of 5.2 percent, which outperformed even IMF forecast as well.
- Exports increased to $38 billion from $25 billion
- Remittances increased to $31 billion from $22 billion
- 60% of total registered companies were officially registered during his tenure depicting ease of doing business
- The boom in startup culture attracted the all-time highest investment
- Roshaan Digital Accounts (RDA) attracted inflows of $4 billion
- 500 billion TERF facility for the purchase of machinery to boost industrialization
- Kisaan cards for farmers to enable them purchase agricultural products at discounted rates
- Record numbers of new entrants in the auto market resulted in all-time high production and sale of automobile
- The crop rate increased significantly benefiting farmers directly thus alleviating them and their lifestyle
- All-time high corporate profits and the highest distribution of dividends depict that economy is moving in the right direction
- Special pay raise for employees to enable them against global inflation and request private companies to do the same.
- Increase the minimum wage limit
- Launched Ehsaas Scholarship Program, Ehsaas Rozgar Program and Kamyab Jawan Program to engage masses and support them.
- Construction of industrial zones and incentives were given to foreign companies to come and invest in Pakistan and launch their operations to be cost-effective.
- Localization of smartphones manufacturing, which resulted in huge success.
- Launched multiple programs on human development
- Massive investments in infrastructure and road network resulted in the uplift of local community as well as an increase in local and international tourism
- Encourage and facilitate local production of defence equipment, thereby reducing the reliability of foreign countries for defence needs. This policy start bearing fruits in the form of 1st indigenously built naval warship PNS Haibat and anti-stealth radars.
The list is so big and more points can be added which are missing in the list that can be added by readers in the comment section. Well, these are the crimes of Imran Khan and such crimes required his removal as some powers do not want to see Pakistan as a strong and prosperous country.
They want Pakistanis to be beggars and remember – Beggars Can’t be Choosers.
- The New World Order
- Who are toxic people? How to know if someone is a toxic person
- War on Terrorism
- The Power Structure of North Korea
- What happened on 23 March in Pakistan
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation
- The Government Structure of Pakistan
- One Unit (1955-1970) | A threat to Federalism and the reaction of Sindh
- PM Pakistan, Imran Khan, firmly backed his promises
- An Analysis of Pakistan Foreign policy in Ayub Khan’s Regime
Watch Our Latest Videos:
- Ziarat valley | Beautiful city of Balochistan | The health resort city of Pakistan
- Imran Khan and The Minus-1 | Will Imran Khan be replaced or survive?