Coronavirus is spreading in Pakistan at a very alarming rate, the highest single-day rise in the number of cases was recorded on 9th May i.e. 2301 new cases per day, just a day after Coronavirus Lockdown in Pakistan is uplifted. It was the same day when the govt of Pakistan started lifting lockdown.
Here’s what you can do to protect yourself in this current situation when there are no more restrictions on the movement while the COVID-19 continues to spread at a very dangerous rate.
Covid-19 is thought to be mainly spread from person to person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. These droplets can land in the mouths and noses of people who are nearby and can be inhaled into the lungs.
It spreads between people who are in close contact with one another that is within 6ft. People can also get infected by touching the surfaces these droplets have landed on, then their eyes, mouths, or noses. To protect people and restrict the pandemic, Coronavirus Lockdown in Pakistan and like other countries all around the globe was imposed to get control of the unprecedented situation. Here are 13 things you must opt especially right now in post Coronavirus Lockdown in Pakistan situation.
Here are 13 things you MUST do to protect yourself when Coronavirus Lockdown in Pakistan is lifted:
- In case of shopping for food and other household essentials, order online if it’s possible but if you do have to visit stores in person then follow proper protective measures mentioned above and visit during hours when fewer people are there, for example, a late night or early morning. Use hand sanitizer after paying.
- Avoid going out unnecessarily.
- Accept deliveries without in-person contact whenever possible. Ask the deliveries to be left in a safe spot outside your house, with no person to person interaction. Otherwise, stay 6ft away from the delivery person. Wash your hands with soap and water after accepting deliveries.
- Keep disinfectant wipes and a hand sanitizer with you whenever you go out. Disinfect the handles, keypads, and other surfaces by wipes before touching or use a hand sanitizer after touching. Avoid touching surfaces and counters unnecessarily.
- Stay home if you feel sick, or have symptoms of Covid-19, which include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Isolate your self at home. Seek medical advice through telemedicine if available, otherwise, contact your doctor through phone or email. Monitor your symptoms regularly and seek medical emergency when required.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. For example, phone, keys, doorknobs, light switches, table, keyboards, desks, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- Avoid close contact with others, maintain a distance of 6ft. As some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face mask or a cloth face cover when you have to go out in public. Do not use respirators as they are for health workers.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol in it. Rub ur hands properly by covering all surfaces until they feel dry.
- Do not touch your eyes, mouth, and nose with unwashed hands.
Stay home and practise social distancing!
Protect yourself and your loved ones!
Keep visiting gofrixty for more updates and news.